Assessment of Groundwater quality through GIS for Khed Taluka, District Ratnagiri, India
- 1Dept of SWE, CTAE, MPUAT, Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
- 2Dept of SWE, CTAE, MPUAT, Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
- 3Dept of SWE, CTAE, MPUAT, Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
- 4Dept of SWE, CTAE, MPUAT, Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
- 5Dept of Agril Statistics and Computer Applications, RCA, MPUAT, Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
- 6Dept of Renewable Energy Sources, CTAE, MPUAT, Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 5, Issue (11), Pages 8-14, November,22 (2016)
The present study was undertaken to evaluate groundwater quality and maps the spatial distribution for Khed taluka, Ratnagiri district through the Geographical Information System (GIS). Khed taluka is experiencing development at a faster rate, due to this settlement depends on groundwater resources. The IDW geospatial technique was used to prepare the geospatial distribution concept of ground water parameters which was very useful for deciding the water quality index maps. To prepare a water quality index map ArcGIS environment is used. The groundwater status of Khed taluka is good for drinking and domestic utilization.
- GSDA (2014)., Report on the dynamic ground water resources of Maharashtra., GSDA, Pune Water Supply and Sanitation Department, Government of Maharashtra & CGWB, Central Region, Nagpur MoWR, GoI, February 2014.
- Ketata Mouna R., Gueddari M. and Bouhlila R. (2011)., Use of Geographical Information System and Water Quality Index to Assess Groundwater Quality in El Khairat Deep Aquifer (Enfidha, Tunisian Sahel)., Iranica Journal of Energy & Environment, 2(2), 133-144.
- Yogendra K. and Puttaiah E.T. (2008)., Determination of water Quality Index and Suitability of urban water body in Shimoga Town, Karnataka., Proceedings of Taal, The 12th world lake conference, 342-346.
- Challerjee R., Tarafder G. and Paul S. (2009)., Groundwater quality assessment of Dhanbad district, Jharkhand, India., Bulletin of Engineering Geology and Environment, 69(1), 137-141.
- Shomar B., Fakher S.A. and Yahya1 A. (2010)., Assessment of Groundwater Quality in the Gaza Strip, Palestine Using GIS Mapping., Journal Water Resource and Protection, 2, 93-104.
- Asadi S.S., Vuppal P. and Reddy A.M. (2007)., Remote sensing and GIS techniques for evaluation of groundwater quality in municipal corporation of Hyderabad (Zone-V), India., International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 4(1), 45–52.
- Mitra B.K. et. al. (1998)., Spatial and temporal variation of ground water quality in sand dune area of aomori prefecture in Japan., Paper number 062023, 2006 ASAE Annual Meeting.
- Liou Sm, Liens, and Wang Sh. (2004)., Generalized water quality index for Taiwan., Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 96, 35-52.
- Tiwari T.N. and Mishra M. (1985)., A Preliminary assignment of water quality index of major Indians rivers., Indian Journal of Environmental Protection, 5(4), 276-279.
- Khan F., Husain T. and Lumb A. (2003)., Water quality evaluation and trend analysis in selected watersheds of the Atlantic Region of Canada., Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 88, 221-242.
- Boyacioglu H. (2007)., Development of a water quality index based on a European classification scheme., Water SA, 33(1), 101-106.
- BIS (2003)., Indian standards specifications for drinking water IS: 10500., Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- Sinha D.K. and Saxena R. (2006)., Statistical assessment of underground drinking water contamination and effect of monsoon at Hasanpur, J.P. Nagar (Uttar Pradesh, India)., Jour. Environ. Sci. Engg, 48(3), 157164.
- Joseph K. (2001)., An integrated approach for management of Total Dissolved Solids in reactive dyeing effluents., International Conference on Industrial Pollution and Control Technologies, Hyderabad.
- Swarna Latha P. (2008)., Studies on spatial and temporal changes of land use and land cover, groundwater quality and shoreline of Greater Visakhapatnam municipal corporation, Andhra Pradesh., India using remote sensing and GIS techniques, Ph.D. Thesis Andhra University, Visakhatapatnam.