SARS -CoV-2 : A comparative analysis on Traditional Chinese and Indian Ayurvedic Medicine with Commercial Drugs
- 1Department of Biotechnology, Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam -638 401, Erode District, Tamil Nadu, India
- 2Department of Biotechnology, Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam -638 401, Erode District, Tamil Nadu, India
- 3Department of Biotechnology, Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam -638 401, Erode District, Tamil Nadu, India
Int. Res. J. Biological Sci., Volume 9, Issue (4), Pages 77-82, November,10 (2020)
Coronavirus is a well-developed positive single-strand RNA virus and the hostname derived from the glycoprotein spikes and it surrounds the genome which is enclosed by nucleic capsid. Coronavirus belongs to the family Coronaviridae with six viruses. The transmission rate SARS-CoV-2 is higher than SARS-CoV1, because of the genetic recombinant of the spike protein in receptor binding domain region (RBD). The techniques for the finding and treatment of SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19 incorporate Simple Closed Tube Molecular Test, LAMP Test, and PCR test. But, clinically RT-PCR is widely used for the detection of SARS-CoV-2. The researchers are still on research to develop effective medicines and vaccines for the disease SARS-CoV-2. First this pandemic disease arises in China and the treatment followed by them is based on Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) which is 92.09% more effective when compared to all other medicine throughout the world and the motility rate decreases against SARS-CoV-2. Even though our treatment is based on Ayurveda, in addition to this Commercial medicine is also combined with Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine for the treatment of SARS-CoV-2. In this review, we have comparatively analyzed the Traditional Chinese and Indian Ayurvedic Medicine with Commercial drugs.
- Penghui Ya and Xiliang Wang (2020)., COVID-19: A new challenge for human beings., Springer Nature, https://doi.org/10.1038/s41423-020-0407-x.
- Qingmei Han, Qingqing Lin, Shenhe Jin and Liangshun You (2020)., Coronavirus 2019-nCoV: A brief perspective from the front line., Elsevier, https://doi.org/10.1016/ j.jinf.2020.02.010.
- Matthew J. Binnicker. (2020)., Emergence of a Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and the Importance of Diagnostic Testing: Why Partnership between Clinical Laboratories, Public Health Agencies, and Industry is Essential to Control the Outbreak., American Association for Clinical Chemistry, https://doi.org/10.1093/clinchem/ hvaa071/5741389.
- Mohamed El-Tholot, Haim H. Bau and Jinzhao Song (2009)., A Single and Two-Stage, Closed-Tube, Molecular Test for the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) at Home, Clinic, and Points of Entry., Research-gate, https://doi.org /10.26434/chemrxiv.11860137.v.
- Muhammad Adnan Shereen, Suliman Khan, Abeer Kazmi, Nadia Bashir, Rabeea Siddique (2020)., COVID-19 infection: origin, transmission, and characteristics of human coronaviruses., Journal of Advanced Research, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jare.2020.03.005.
- Sunil Kumar Verma (2020)., In search of feasible interventions for COVID-19 pandemic., Preprints, https://doi.org/10.20944/preprints 202003.0353.v1.
- Manisha Prajapat, Phulen Sarma, Nishant Shekhar, Pramod Avti, Shweta Sinha, Hardeep Kaur, Subodh Kumar, Anusuya Bhattacharyya, Harish Kumar, Seema Bansal, and Bikash Medhi. (2020)., Drug target for corona virus: A systemic review., Indian journal of pharmacology, https://doi.org/10.4103/ijp.IJP_115 20.
- Sivaraman. D. and Pradeep P.S. (2020)., Revealing anti-viral potential of Bio-active therapeutics targeting SARS-CoV-2-polymerase (RdRp) in combating COVID-19: Molecular Investigation on Indian traditional medicines., Preprints, https://doi.org/10.20944/preprints202003.0450 .v1.
- Jun-ling Ren., Ai-Hua Zhang and Xi-Jun Wang (2020). Traditional Chinese Medicine for COVID-19 treatment. Elsevier, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phrs.2020.104743., undefined, undefined
- LUO Hui., TANG Qiao-ling, SHANG Ya-xi., LIANG Shi-bing., YANG Ming., Nicola Robinson, and LIU Jian-ping. (2020)., Can Chinese Medicine Be Used for Prevention of Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)? A Review of Historical Classics, Research Evidence and Current Prevention Programs., Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, https://doi.org/11655-020-3192-6.
- Ruocong Yang, Hao Liu, Chen Bai, Yingchao Wang, Xiaohui Zhang, Rui Guo, Siying Wu, Jianxun Wang, Elaine Leung., Hang Chang, Peng Li, Tiegang Liu, Yi Wang (2020)., Chemical Composition and Pharmacological Mechanism of Qingfei Paidu Decoction and Ma Xing Shi Gan Decoction against Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19); in silico and experimental study., Journal Pre-Proof, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phrs. 2020.104820.
- Li Ni., Ling Zhou, Min Zhou, Jianping Zhao and Dao Wen Wang (2020)., Combination of western medicine and Chinese traditional patent medicine in treating a family case of COVID-19 in Wuhan., © Higher Education Press and Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany, part of Springer Nature, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11684-020-0757-x.
- Dharmendra kumar Maurya and Deepak Sharma (2020)., Evaluation of traditional ayurvedic preparation for prevention and management of the novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) using molecular docking approach., preprints, https://doi.org/10.26434/chemrxiv.12110214.
- Pandey M.M., Subha Rastogi and Rawat A. K. S. (2020)., Indian Traditional Ayurvedic System of Medicine and Nutritional Supplementation. Hindaw., https:// doi.org/10.1155/2013/376327.
- Sai Sailesh Kumar Goothy, Srilatha Goothy, Anita Choudhary, Potey G G, Hirok Chakraborty, Arun HS Kumar and Mahadik V.K. (2020)., Ayurvedas Holistic Lifestyle Approach or the Management of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Possible Role of Tulsi., International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Science, https://doi.org/10.26452/ijrps.v11iSPL1.1976
- Sangeeta Ojha. (2020)., COVID-19 treatment: India to test for Ayurvedic drugs within a week. www.livemint.com, undefined
- Balachandhar Vellingiri, Kaavya Jayaramayya, Mahalaxmi Iyer, Arul Narayanasamy, Vivekanandhan Govindasamy, Bupesh Giridharan, Singaravelu Ganesan, Anila Venugopal, Dhivya Venkatesan, Harsha Ganesan, Kamarajan Rajagopalan, Pattanathu K.S.M. Rahman, Ssang-Goo Cho, Nachimuthu Senthil Kumar, Mohana Devi Subramaniam (2020)., COVID-19: A promising cure for the global panic., Elsevier, https://doi/org/10.1016/ j.scitotenv.2020.138277.
- Min Zhou., Xinxin Zhang., Jieming Qu. (2020)., Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19): a clinical update., © Higher Education Press and Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany, part of Springer Nature, https://doi.org/10.1007/ s11684-020-0767-8.
- Kit San Yuen., Zi ‑Wei Ye, Sin‑Yee Fung, Chi‑Ping Chan, and Dong‑Yan Jin. (2020)., SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19: the most important research questions., Springer Nature remains neutrals, https://doi.org/10.1186/s13578-020-00404-4.