A survey and study on ethno medicinal plant's used by tribal people in Pathalgaon Block of Jashpur district, CG, India
- 1Kalinga University, Naya Raipur, CG, India
- 2Department of Botany, Kalinga University, Naya Raipur, CG, India
Int. Res. J. Biological Sci., Volume 9, Issue (2), Pages 51-58, May,10 (2020)
The study was conducted to record the traditional uses and the utilization pattern of ethno-medicinal plants in pathalgaon block of Jashpur district. jashpur district is located North-East side of Chhattisgarh and this side has rich diversity of medicinal plants. The Survey was conducted on Pathalgaon Block four villages where meeting with local medicine men Baiga, Vaidya and collect the data regarding to medicinal plants. Ethno- Medicinal plants have been observed to be very effectual in the ministration of various ailments. Ethno-medicinal plant species are report in which parts of plants are used in various diseases. The high number of plant parts have been collected which are used by the tribal's and the villagers for treatment of various ailments. The present paper deals with 21 plant species are belonging to 17 families were reported in which Tree and Shrub having same percentage Trees (38%), Shrub (38%), Herb (14%), and Climber (10%). which are used by them ethno medicinally, collected plants are very important in this area. These plants are used in various ailments like: Sugar, Blood Pressure, Malaria, Piles, Asthma, Skin disease, Jaundice.
- Sharma, R.K. (2017)., Study of ethno medicinal plants used by the Oraon tribe of Jashpur district (C.G.) India., International Journal of Botany Studies, 2(6), 157-159.
- Kurre, R.K. (2015)., Wide variety of medicinal plants and their uses in Jashpur District of Chhattisgarh., Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology, 1(1), 1-5.
- Marwat, S.K., Khan, M.A., Ahmad, M., Zafar, M. and Rahman, F. (2008)., Ethnophytomedicines for treatment of various diseases in d.i. Khan district, Pakistan, Sarhad J. Agric, 24(2), 305-316.
- Ekka N.R. and Dixit, V.K. (2007)., Ethno-pharmacognostical Studies of Medicinal Plants of Jashpur district (Chhattisgarh)., International Journal of Green Pharmacy, 1(1), 2-4.
- Mishra, S.B., Dwivedi, S., Shashi, A. and Prajapati, K. (2008)., Ethnomedicinal Uses of Some Plant Species by Ethnic and Rural Peoples of the Salem District of Tamilnadu with Special Reference to the Conservation of Vanishing Species, Ethnobotanical Leaflets, 12(30), 873-887.
- Awadh, A., Ali, N., Al-rahwi, K. and Lindequist, U. (2004)., Some medicinal plants used in Yemeni herbal medicine to treat Malaria., African Journal of Traditional Complementary and Alternative Medicines, 1(1), 72-76.
- Tiwari, A.k. and Mehta, R. (2013)., Medicinal plants used by traditional healers in Jashpur district of Chhattisgarh, India., Life Science Leaflets,1, 31-41,
- Ekka, A. and Ekka, N.S. (2013)., Traditional plants used for snakebite by Oraon tribes of Jashpur district Chhattisgarh., International Journal of Advanced Research in Management and Social Sciences, 2(6).
- Chatterjee, A.K. (2014)., Study of Ethno-Medicinal Plants among the Tribals of Surguja Region., International journal on Advanced Computer Theory and Engineering, 3(2), 56-60,
- Prakas, R. (2015)., Medicinal Plants Used By Tribal Communities: A Study of Uttarakhand Himalayan Region., International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention, 4(2), 55-61.
- Kusum, E. M., Tiwari, P. and Harishankar, P. (2015)., Contribution of Oraon Tribe of Jashpur District in the Traditional Preparation of Medicines., IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology, 1(4), 55-60.
- Verma, A.C., Hingora, I. and Dubey, N. (2015)., Identification and traditional uses of certain medicinal plants and its conservation in kawardha area, Chhattisgarh state, India., IOSR journal of environmental science, toxicology and food technology, 1(1), 06-20.
- Bharti, V.K. (2015)., Ethno-medicinal Plants Used by the Tribal People of Shahdol District, Madhya Pradesh For The Treatment of Rheumatism., International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology, 3(12), 266-270.
- Ekka, A. (2016)., Some Ethenomedicinally important and rare plants of north-east Chhattisgarh India., International Journal of Advance Research in Science and Engineering, 5(10).
- Kusum, E. M., Tiwari, P., Pimpalgaonkar, R. and Harishankar, P. (2016)., Contribution of Oraon Tribe of Jashpur District in the Traditional Preparation of Medicines (Part-12)., Indian Journal Applied & Pure Biology, 31(2), 230-235.
- Sinha, M. K. (2017)., Medicinal plants used among the tribals of Manendragarh block (Koriya District) C.G., Journal of Medicinal Plants Studies, 5(6), 114-119.
- Salave, A.P., Reddy, P.G. and Diwakar, P.G. (2011)., Some unreported ethnobotanical uses from karanji ghat areas of Pathardi tahasil in Ahmednagar district (M.S.) India., International Journal of Applied Biology and Pharmaceutical Technology, 2(4), 240-245.
- Dogra, K.S., Chauhan, S. and Jalal, J.S. (2015)., Assessment of Indian medicinal plants for the treatment of asthma., Journal of Medicinal Plants Research, 9(32), 851-862.
- Dar, R.A., Shahnawaz, M. and Qazi, P.H. (2017)., General overview of medicinal plants: A review., The Journal of Phytopharmacology, 6(6), 349-351.