Effect of dissolved oxygen on Rotifers of Chakki Talab, Bodhan, Telangana, India
- 1Department of Zoology, Nizam College (A), Osmania University, Hyderabad,Telangana, India
- 2Department of Zoology, Nizam College (A), Osmania University, Hyderabad,Telangana, India
- 3Department of Zoology, Nizam College (A), Osmania University, Hyderabad,Telangana, India
- 4Department of Zoology, Nizam College (A), Osmania University, Hyderabad,Telangana, India
Int. Res. J. Biological Sci., Volume 9, Issue (1), Pages 21-24, February,10 (2020)
The present investigation was designed to study the diversity and abundance of rotifers in relation to dissolved oxygen of Chakkitalab, Bodhan, Telangana. In the study period from October 2015 to September 2016 rotifers belonging to 7 genera were observed and a slight change in the dissolved oxygen level affected their density. The genera Brachionus and Keratella were dominant indicating the eutrophic status of Chakkitalab.
- Stemberger R.A. (1979)., Guide to the Rotifers of the Lauretian Great Lakes., – USEPA600/4-79-021, US Environment and Protection Agency, Washington, D.C.
- Sladecek V. (1983)., Rotifers as indicators of water quality., Hydrobiologia, 100, 169-201.
- Kumar Harish K. and Kiran B.R. (2015)., Population dynamics of Rotifers in Jannapura tank., Karnataka International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies, 3(1), 165-168.
- Lingampally Vasudha, Solanki V.R. and Jayaram Vidya and Sabita Raja S. (2018)., Study of Some Physicochemical Water Quality Parameters of Chakkitalab, Bodhan, Telangana., Int. J. of Life Sciences, 6(1), 1-3.
- American Public Health Association (APHA) (1989)., Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater., 17th edn.American Public Health Association, Washington DC.
- Edmondson W.T. (1965)., Fresh Water Biology., John Wiley and sonsinc., New York.
- Solanki V.R., Vasudha Lingampally A.V., Rajashekhar and Sabita Raja S. (2014)., Hydrology of Bellal lake, Bodhan, Andhra Pradesh, India., Poll Res., 33(1), 127-132.
- Solanki V.R., Hussain M.M. and Raja S.S. (2010)., Water quality Assessment of Lake Pandu Bodhan, Andhra Pradesh State, India., Environ Monit Assess, 163, 411-419.
- Pandey B.N., Hussain S. and Jha A.K. (2004)., Seasonal fluctuation of zooplanktonic community in relation to certain physico-chemical parameters of river Ramjan of Kishanganj, Bihar., Nature, Environment and Pollution Technology, 3(3), 325-330.
- Solanki V.R., Lingampally V., Anuradha D.L. and Sabita Raja S. (2015)., Rotifers abundance and their relationship to water quality in the Pandu Lake, Bodhan, Telangana, India., International J. of Sci., Environment and Technology, 4(4), 1188-1194.
- Goel P.K. and Charan V.R. (1991)., Studies on the limnology of a polluted fresh water tank., Aquatic sciences in India, 51-64.
- Dadhich N. and Saxena M.M. (1999)., Zooplankton as indicators of trophic status of some desert waters Bikaner (N-W Rajasthan)., Journal of Environment and Pollution, 6(4), 251-254.