Effect of Composting process on stake holders in Lahore Compost Pvt. Ltd, year 2014
- 1University of South Asia, Lahore, Pakistan
- 2Lahore Compost Pvt Ltd, Punjab, Pakistan
- 3University of South Asia, Lahore, Pakistan
Int. Res. J. Biological Sci., Volume 5, Issue (9), Pages 59-62, September,10 (2016)
During the present ESIA (Environmental and Social Impact Assessment), stakeholder consultations were carried out. The objectives of the consultations were three fold, to obtain an overview of the socio-economic, gender, and associated characteristics of the groups potentially affected by the existing LCL (Lahore compost private limited) facility and planned expansion to obtain views of the stakeholders, and to identify and examine the potential impacts of the facility on the affected groups and to make recommendations which will maximize the positive impact of the facility on women and men of the affected groups and which will specifically increase women\'s involvement in, and benefit from, the project. Stakeholders consultations are an ongoing process required for CDM (Construction design and management) monitoring and are done regularly. It was kept in mind while conducting this study that the objective of the consultations would be to clearly understand the community\'s concerns. The objective of this consultation is to obtain views of the stakeholders, and to identify and examine the potential impacts of the facility on the affected groups and to make recommendations which will maximize the positive impact of the facility on women and men of the affected groups and which will specifically increase women\'s involvement in, and benefit from, the project.
- PGEB Project (2012)., Environmental and social impact assessment (ESIA)., Promoting Girls Education In Balochistan Project, Secondary Education Department, Government of Balochistan, Balochistan.
- Janssen N.A.H., Gerlofs-Nijland M. E., Lanki T., Salonen R. O., Cassee F., Hoek G. and Krzyzanowski M. (2012)., Health effects of black carbon., 1-86, Copenhagen, Denmark: WHO Regional Office for Europe.
- Haydar S., Haider H., Bari A.J. and Faragh A. (2012)., Effect of Mehmood Booti dumping site in Lahore on ground water quality., Pakistan Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 10, 51-56.
- Ghosh S., Ow L.F. and Wilson B. (2015)., Influence of biochar and compost on soil properties and tree growth in a tropical urban environment., International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 12(4), 1303-1310.
- Lahore compost (2011)., Environmental and social impact assessment of Lahore compost Pvt. Ltd., Lahore compost Pvt. Ltd, Pakistan.
- Bridoux F. and Stoelhorst J.W. (2015)., Stakeholder relationships and social welfare: A behavioral theory of contributions to joint value creation., Academy of Management Review, 41(2), 229-251
- Baldock J.A. and Nelson P.N. (2000)., Soil organic matter., Handbook of Soil Science, CRC Press, USA, B25-B84.
- Assesment A.Q.I. (2013)., Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) for the Proposed Gamsberg Zinc Mine., Demos Dracoulides Amy Xu, CAPE TOWN, Report No GAM-AQI-R02.
- Agamuthu P. (2006)., Post-closure of landfill: issues and policy., Waste Management and Research, 24(6), 503-505.