Unilateral Duel Distoangular Premolar Impaction: A Rare Case Report
- 1Deparment of Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry, Guru Nanak Institute of Dental Sciences & Research, Kolkata, WB, India
- 2Deparment of Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry, Guru Nanak Institute of Dental Sciences & Research, Kolkata, WB, India
- 3Deparment of Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry, Guru Nanak Institute of Dental Sciences & Research, Kolkata, WB, India
Int. Res. J. Biological Sci., Volume 5, Issue (9), Pages 63-65, September,10 (2016)
Impacted premolars are often found accidently or during through clinical examination of a patient. Prevalence of premolar impaction ranges from .2% to 0.76% depending upon the studies of various researchers. But unilateral duel distoangular premolar impaction is a rare finding.
- Becker A. (1988)., The orthodontic management of impacted teeth., Martin Dunitz Publications, London, 157.
- Andreasen J.O. Petersen J.K. and Laskin D.M. (1997)., The impacted premolar, Textbook and color atlas of tooth impactions; diagnosis, treatment and prevention., Copenhagen: Munksgaard, 177-195.
- Peterson L.J., Ellis III E., Hupp J.R. and Tucker M.R. (2003)., Principles of management of impacted teeth, Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 4th ed., CV Mosby, St Louis., 184-213.
- Mariano R.C., Mariano Lde C. and de Melo W.M. (2006)., Deep impacted mandibular second molar: A case report., Quintessence Int., 37, 773-776.
- Oikarinen V.J. and Julku M. (1974)., Impacted premolars: an analysis of 10,000 orthopantomograms., Proc Finn Dent Soc., 70(3), 95-98.
- Alling C.C. and Catone G.A. (1993)., Management of impacted teeth., J Oral Maxillofac Surg., 51, 3-6.
- Sağlam A.A. and Tüzüm M.S. (2003)., Clinical and radiologic investigation of the incidence, complications, and suitable removal times for fully impacted teeth in the Turkish population., Quintessence Int., 34, 53-59.