Analysis of Cytochrome P51A1 gene, its Sequence Variants and Protein Domains
- 1Department of Biotechnology, University of South Asia, Lahore, Pakistan
- 2Department of Biotechnology, University of South Asia, Lahore, Pakistan
Int. Res. J. Biological Sci., Volume 5, Issue (8), Pages 17-21, August,10 (2016)
The cytochrome gene CYP51 is a member of the cytochrome P450 (CYP) gene super family and is mainly involved in synthesis of sterolby chemical reactions in certain plants and animals. CYP51 is commonly known across eukaryotes. The study is focused on functional analysis of human CYP51 gene, which is 22 kb in size with coding region consisting of 10 exons and present on chromosome number7 long arm position 7q21.2–q21.3. However, the comparison of the human CYP51 gene with other CYP gene families from different species shows 64 different CYP51 orthologues which are located at unique chromosomal positions. Computational analysis of CYP51 gene was performed to analyze its various orthologues, genetic variants, protein domains and signatures.
- Wishart David S. (2007)., HMDB: the Human Metabolome Database., Nucleic Acid Research, 35(Database issue), D521-D526.
- Lepesheva Galina I., and Michael R. Waterman (2008)., Sterol 14α-Demethylase Cytochrome P450 (CYP51), a P450 in All Biological Kingdoms., BiochimBiophysActa., 1770(3), 467-77.
- Daum G, Lees ND, Bard M and Dickson R. (1998)., Biochemistry, Cell Biology and Molecular Biology of Lipids of Saccharomyces cervisiae., Yeast., 14(16), 1471-1510.
- Nebert DW and Russell DW (2002)., Clinical importance of the cytochromes P450., Lancet, 360, 1155-1162.
- Nebert DW, Adesnik M, Coon MJ, Estabrook RW, Gonzalez FJ and Guengerich FP et al. (1987)., The P450 gene superfamily. Recommended nomenclature., DNA, 6, 1-11.
- Nelson DR, Koymans L, Kamataki T, Stegeman JJ, Feyereisen R and Waxman DJ et al. (1996)., P450 superfamily: update on new sequences, gene mapping, accession numbers and nomenclature., Pharmacogenetics, 6, 1-41.
- Ranson R, Claudianos C, Ortelli F, Abgrall C, Hemingway J and Sharakhova MV et al. (2002)., Evolution of supergene families associated with insecticide resistance., Science, 298, 179-181.
- Hirotsune S, Yoshida N, Chen A, Garrett L, Sugiyama F, and Takahashi S et al. (2003)., An expressed pseudogene regulates the messenger-RNA stability of its homologous coding gene., Nature, 423, 91-96.
- Lepesheva GI and Waterman MR. (2004)., CYP51 The Omnipotent P450., Mol Cell Endocrinol., 215, 165-170.
- Becher Rayko and Stefan G. R. Wirsel (2012)., Fungal Cytochrome P450 Sterol 14α-demethylase (CY.P51) and Azole Resistance in Plant and Human Pathogens., Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology., 95(4), 825-840.
- Daly AK (2004)., Pharmacogenetics of the cytochromes P450., Curr Top Med Chem, 4, 1733-1744.
- Anderson JL, Carlquist JF, Horne BD and Muhlestein JB (2003)., Cardiovascular pharmacogenomics: Current status, future prospects., J CardiovascPharmacol, 8, 71-83.
- Van Schaik RH (2005)., Cancer treatment and pharmacogenetics of cytochrome P450 enzymes., Invest New Drugs, 23, 513-522.
- Vandel P, Talon JM, Haffen E and Sechter D (2007)., Pharmacogenetics and drug therapy in psychiatry: The role of the CYP2D6 polymorphism., Curr Pharm Des, 13, 241-250.
- Mega JL, Close SL, Wiviott SD, Shen L, Hockett RD, Brandt JT, Walker JR, Antman EM, Macias W and Braunwald E et al. (2009)., Cytochrome p-450 polymorphisms and response to clopidogrel., N Engl J Med, 360, 354-362.
- Simon T, Verstuyft C, Mary-Krause M, Quteineh L, Drouet E, Meneveau N, Steg PG, Ferrieres J, Danchin N and Becquemont L (2009)., Genetic determinants of response to clopidogrel and cardiovascular events., N Engl J Med, 360, 363-375.
- Aguiar M, Masse R and Gibbs BF (2005)., Regulation of cytochrome P450 by posttranslational modification., Drug Metab Rev, 37, 379-404.
- Lim YP and Huang JD (2008)., Interplay of pregnane X receptor with other nuclear receptors on gene regulation., Drug Metab Pharmacokinet, 23, 14-21.