Fish Diversity of River Pachin, Eastern Himalaya
- 1Department of Zoology, D.N. Government College, Itanagar, Arunachalpradesh, India-791113
Int. Res. J. Biological Sci., Volume 5, Issue (7), Pages 20-25, July,10 (2016)
A survey of fish diversity of river Pachin of Arunachal Pradesh was done from July2014 to June 2015.45 numbers of species belonging to 34 genera and 14 family were recorded. Cyprinidae family was represented by maximum number of species followed by Balitoridae. Endangered fish like Tor putitora was abundant where as Amblyceps arunachalensis was rare during the catch.
- Nath P. and Dey S.C. (2000)., Fish and Fisheries of North east India (Arunachal Pradesh)., Narendra publishing house, New Delhi.
- Bagra K., Kadu K., Sharma K.N., Laskar B.A., Sarkar U.K. and Das D.N. (2009)., Ichthyological surveys and Review of checklist of Fish fauna of Arunachal Pradesh, India., Checklist, 5(2), 330-350.
- Tamang L., Choudhury S. and Choudhury D. (2007)., Ichthyofaunal Contribution to the state and comparison of habitat contiguity on taxonomic-diversity in Senki stream, Arunachal Pradesh India., Journal of Bombay Natural History Society, 104(2), 172-179.
- APHA (1995)., Standard methods for the examination of water and waste water., 19th Edition, American Public Health Association.
- Talwar P.K. and Jhingran A.G. (1991)., Inland fishes of India and adjacent countries., 1 and 2, Oxford and IBH Publishing Co., New Delhi.
- Debashree Dam (2013)., Fish fauna of Itanagar Wild Life Sanctuary, Arunachal Pradesh, India., Rec.Zool.Surv.India., 113(PART-1), 225-229.