Exploring the Spider fauna of Gomarda Wildlife Sanctuary, Chhattisgarh, India
- 1School of Life Sciences, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, 492010, India
- 2School of Life Sciences, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, 492010, India
Int. Res. J. Biological Sci., Volume 5, Issue (6), Pages 31-36, June,10 (2016)
The aim of the current survey was to explore the spider fauna of Gomarda Wildlife Sanctuary, with geographical location 21°25\'36.41\" N 83° 9\'46.92\" E, spreads over an area of 277. 82 sq. km. located about 12 km. away from Sarangarh, Raigarh district of Chhattisgarh, India. This survey was the first approach to prepare checklist of GWS. 120 species representing 49 genera under 16 families, 16 specimens were identified till genera. Families indicating excessive member of species are Thomisidae (24 species under 9 genus) followed by Araneidae (22 species under 8 genus), while family Gnaphosidae indicates highest number of genera (10 genera). The least diversity of species was recorded in Agelenidae, Clubionidae, Eresidae, Filistatidae, Hersiliidae, Nephilidae, Uloboridae.
- Platnick N.I. (2014)., The world spider catalog, Version 15.0., American Museum of Natural History. http://research.amnh.org/entomology/spiders/catalog/index.html
- Sebastion P.A. and Peter K.V. (2009)., Spiders of India., Universities Press, 1-614
- Keshwani S., Hadole P. and Rajoria A. (2012)., Checklist of spiders (Arachnida: Araneae) from India- 2012., Indian Journal of Arachnology, 1, 1-129
- Gajbe U.A. (1995)., Arachnida: Spiders. Fauna of Indravati Tiger Reserve: Fauna of Conservation Area., Records of Zoological Survey of India, No. 6, 53-56.
- Ramakrishna, Chandra K., Nema D.K., Ahirwar S.C. and Alfred J.R.B. (2006)., Faunal Resources of National Parks of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh., Conservation Area Series, Records of Zoological Survey of India, 30, 12-15
- Gajbe P. (2009)., Araneae, Fauna of Panchmarhi Biosphere Reserve (Madhya Pradesh), Conservation Area Series., Records of Zoological Survey of India, 39, 187-207
- Sharma S., Vyas A. and Sharma R. (2010)., Diversity and abundance of spider fauna of Narmada River at Rajghat (Barwani) (Madhya Pradesh) India., Researcher, http://www.sciencepub.net/researcher , 2, 1-5
- Chandra K., Sharma M. and Ojha P. (2010)., A Compendium on the Faunal Resources of Narmada River Basin in Madhya Pradesh., Records of Zoological Survey of India l paper No., 310, 25-29
- Patil S.R. (2011)., Spiders of the states of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh (Arachnida: Araneae): Updated Checklist 2011., The Indian Forester, 137, 1217-1224
- Patil S.R. (2013)., Preliminary investigation on spiders (Arachnida: Araneae) in Rani Veerangana Durgawati Wild Life Sanctuary, Damoh, Madhya Pradesh, India., The Indian Forester, 139, 943-946
- Ekka A. and Kujur R. (2015)., Spider diversity of Ram Jharna, Raigarh district, Chhattisgarh, India., Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, 8, 813-819
- Kala C.P. and Dubey Y. (2012)., Anthropogenic disturbances and status of forest and wildlife in the dry deciduous forests of Chhattisgarh state in India., Journal of Forest Research, 23, 45-52
- Sorensen L.L., Coddington J.A. and Scharaff N. (2002)., Inventorying and estimating sub canopy spider diversity using semi quantitative sampling methods in an afromontane forest., Environmental Entomology 31, 319-330
- Tikader B.K. (1982)., Family: Gnaphosidae., Fauna of India (Araneae) , 2, 295-536
- Tikader B.K. (1987)., Handbook of Indian Spiders., (Anan. Ed.), Zoological Survey of India,
- Deshmukh U.S. and Raut N. M. (2014)., Seasonal diversity and status of spiders (Arachnida: Araneae) in Salbardi forest (Satpura Range), Maharashtra, India., Journal of Entomological and Zoological Studies. 2(6), 278- 281
- Gajbe P. (2003)., Checklist of spiders (Arachnida: Araneae) of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh., Zoos’ Print Journal ,18, 1223-1226
- Gajbe P. (2004)., Spiders of Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh (Arachnida : Araneae)., Records of Zoological Survey of India, Occasional paper, 227, 1-154
- Gajbe U.A. (2007)., Araneae: Arachnida. Fauna of Madhya Pradesh (including Chhattisgarh),, State Fauna Series, c No. 15, 419-540
- Patil S.R. (2012)., Spiders of Jabalpur district (Arachnida: Araneae): updated checklist 2011., Indian Journal of Arachnology., 1, 143-149
- Tikader B.K. and Malhotra M.S. (1980)., Lycosidae (Wolf Spiders) Fauna of India (Araneae), 1, 248-447.
- Tikader B.K. (1980)., Thomisidae (Crab Spiders)., Fauna of India (Araneae) 1, 1-247
- Tikader B.K. (1982)., Family Araneidae (Argiopidae), Typical orb weavers., Fauna of India (Araneae), 2, 1-203.
- Gajbe U.A. (1995)., Arachnida: Spiders. In: Fauna of Kanha Tiger Reserve: Fauna of Conservation Areas., Records of Zoological Survey of India, 7, 27-30.