Sustainable production of Biofuels from Nitzchiaceae Girna River Dist. Jalgaon Maharashtra, India
- 1Nagnath Art, Commerce and Science College Aundha (Nagnath) Dist. Hingoli, MS, India
Int. Res. J. Biological Sci., Volume 5, Issue (6), Pages 18-22, June,10 (2016)
The sustainable investigation results to obtain high quality biodiesel from microalgae, family Nitzchiaceae through transesterification. Due to continued demand of petroleum fuels, wildly uses and unstable deleting the supplies as well as continued accumulation of CO2 in environment, by considering all these problems, biodiesel necessary for environment and economic stability. Microalgae play an important role with this problem and providing row material to produce the biodiesel. Biodiesel able to absorb CO2 from the atmosphere and making the environment pollution free. Microalgae having capacity to convert these simple substances in the atmosphere, absorbing sunlight and convert into chemical energy , microalgae having the capacity to reproduce or double in biomass within two to three days or 2 to 3 hrs. Remaining biomass also be used as nutritional supplement and fodder for animals. There are some problems on production of biodiesel on large scale or industrial level, like cost of production of dry biomass and oil extraction.
- Kapdan I.K. and Kargi F. (2008)., Biohydrogen production from waste materials., Enzyme Microb. Technol., 38, 569-82.
- Koh L.P. and Ghazoul J. (2008)., Biofuels, biodiversity, and people: understanding the conflicts and finding opportunities., Biological Conservation. 141, 2450-2460.
- Huang X.H., Li CL, Liu CW., Wang Z.D. and Chen J.J. (2002)., Studies on the N and P nutrient demand. Nannochlorisoculata., Mar. Sci. (Chinese), 26, 13-17.
- Oilgae (2016). Oilgaes Blog. http://www.oilgae.com/algae /oil/biod /tra/tra.html, sthash.B2MN9XVe.dpuf and www .oilgae. com/algae/oil/ biod/tra/tra.html, 09-06-2016, undefined
- Bourrelly P. (1970)., Les alques Deau douce., Tome III: Les algues bleues at rounges, Les Eugleniens, Peridiniens at Cryptomonadines, 36, 45-56.
- Huber-Pestalozzi G. (1968)., Cryptophyceae, Chloromonadophyceae, Dinophyceae., Das Phytoplankton des Susswassers, 1. Teil (ed. G. Huber-Pestalozzi), 2. Aufl., I-IX 1-322.
- Walne P.R. (1966)., Large scale culture of larvae of Ostrea edulis L., L. Fish. Invest. (London) series 2(25), 1-51.
- Grima M.E., Robles Medina A., Gimenez Gimenez A., Sanchez Perez J.A., Garcra Camacho F. and Garcra Sanchez J.L. (1994)., Comparison between extraction of lipids and fatty acids from microalgal biomass., J. Am. Oil. Chem. Soc., 71, 955-959.
- Pringsheim E.G. (1950)., The soil water culture technique for growing algae., In: culturing of algae (Prescott JB and Tiffany LH). The Charles Kettering F. Foundation. 19-26.
- Lee S.J., Yoon B.D. and HM Oh. (1998)., Oh HM. Rapid method for the determination of lipid from the green alga Botryococcusbraunii braunii., Biotechnol. Tech., 12, 553-556.
- Toeda K. and Kurane R. (1991)., Microbial flocculant from Alcaligenescupidus KT201., Agric. Biol. Chem., 11, 2793-2799.
- Tornabene T.G., Holzer G., Lien S. and Burris N. (1983)., Lipid composition of the nitrogen starved green alga Neochlorisoleoabundans., Enzyme Microb. Technol., 5(6), 435-440.
- Antolin G., Tinaut F.V. and Briceno Y. (2002)., Optimization of biodiesel production by sunflower oil transesterification., Bioresour. Technol., 83, 111-114.
- Banerjee A., Sharma R., Chisti Y. and Banerjee U.C. (2002)., Botryococusbraunii, A renewable source of hydrocarbons and other chemicals., Crit. Rev. Biotechnol., 22, 245-279.
- Bastianoni S., Coppola F., Tiezzi E., Colacevich A., Borghini F., Focardi S. (2008)., Biodiesel potential from the orbetello lagoon macroalgae a comparison with sunflower feedstock., Biomass Bioene., 10, 1-10.
- Chisti Y. (1981)., An unusual hydrocarbon., J. Ramsay. Soc., 27-28, 24-26.
- Demirbas A. (2006)., Oily products from mosses and algae via pyrolysis., Energy Sources, A28 10, 933-940.
- Gavrilescu M. and Chisti Y. (2005)., Biotechnology a sustainable alternative for chemical industry., Biotechnol. Advan., 23, 417-419.
- Nagle N., Lemke P. (1990)., Production of methyl ester fuel from microalgae., Appl. Biochem. Biotechnol., 24, 335-361.
- Nakamura D.N. (2006)., Journally speaking, The mass appeal of biomass., Oil Gas J., 104 (45), 15.
- Pirt S.J. (1986)., The thermodynamic efficiency (Quantum Demant) and dynamics of photosynthetic growth., New Phyto., 103, 3-37.
- R.B. Borse, Pathan (2003)., Precocious study of micro algae for biofuels of Aundha region Dist. Hingoli., International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), 2319-7064, 17-20.
- Sawayama S., Inoue S., Dote Y., Yokoyama S.Y. (1995)., CO2 fixation and oil production through microalgae., Energy Convers. Manag., 36, 729-731.
- Spolaore P., Joannis C.C., Duran E., Isambert A. A. (2006)., Commercial application microalga., J. Biosci. Bioeng., 101, 87-96.