Record of Nettapus coromandelianus, Gmelin, JF, 1789 (Cotton teal) at Seasonal Wetlands near New Viva Collage, Virar, Palghar district of Maharashtra state, India
- 1Department of Zoology, Viva College, Virar West, 401303, MH, India
- 2Department of Zoology, Viva College, Virar West, 401303, MH, India
- 328, Pandit Niwas, S K Bole road, Dadar West, Mumbai 400028, MH, India
- 4Department of Zoology, Viva College, Virar West, 401303, MH, India
Int. Res. J. Biological Sci., Volume 5, Issue (4), Pages 51-53, April,10 (2016)
Avifauna of India is very diverse having many resident as well as migratory birds. Wetland attracts variety of birds by providing ample of food and nesting sites. Nettapus coromandelianus, Gmelin, JF (Cotton teal) is one of the aquatic birds which prefer freshwater lagoons, swamps and dams. Nettapus coromandelianus is a non-migratory bird which has been recorded from different parts of Indian Subcontinent. As per IUCN Red Data Book List this species is considered as Least Concerned. Shrinking habitat due to anthropogenic activities will definitely impact on the population of this species with other aquatic birds. Nettapus coromandelianusis recorded at Seasonal Wetlands near New Viva Collage, Virar, Palghar district of Maharashtra state.
- Rutuja J. Kukade (2015)., Studies on Food and Feeding Habits of Ornitho Fauna in and Around Chhatri Lake, Amravati, Maharashtra., Online International Interdisciplinary Research Journal, V(I), Jan-Feb Issue,
- S.Upadhyaya and P.K. Saikia (2012)., Clutch size and egg characteristics of Cotton Pygmy-Goose in Assam (India)., Nettapus coromandelianus coromandelianus Gmelinin some places of Assam (India). Asian Journal of Conservation Biology, 1(1), 31-34.
- Johnson Varkey et al. (2015)., Threats to the existing diversity of avifauna of Gogte salt plant, Mumbai., Suburb Proceedings of the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Wetlands: Present Status, Ecology and Conservation, 1-8.
- Sachin Main (2015)., Birds of Palghar district, Nature and Environment Society of Thane., A project of environmental division of Government of Maharashtra.
- Jalander V. et. al. (2015)., Avifaunal diversity of Nizam Sagar project, Nizamabad, Telangana., Int. J of pure and applied bioscience. 3(2), 487-491.
- Anurag Vishwakarma et. al. (2014)., Status of Terrestrial and Wetland Birds in Kawardha, Kabirdham District in Chhattisgarh, India., International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 4(10). 1-10.
- Harney N.V. et. al. (2014)., Diversity of avifauna in and around Chalabadri lake, Chandrapur., Journal of Global Bioscience, 3(2), 399-405.
- Harney N.V. (2014)., Avifaunal diversity of Ghotnimbala lake near Bhadrawati, Chandrapur, Maharashtra, India., Int. J. of Life Sciences, 2(1), 79-8,
- Shital V. Kharwade (2013)., Study of Migratory Status of Winter visitor Water Fowls of Wai dam of the Yawatmal district., Weekly Science International research journal. 1(20). 1-5.
- Kachare V.S., Pawarand R.S. and Panaskar D.B. (2011)., Disturbances on the living of birds and their population in Wetland of Kolhapur City, Maharashtra, India., European Journal of Experimental Biology, 1(1), 43-50.
- Kamani Thakur (2010)., Birds in uran- a project report on impact of special economic zone, (SEZ), Maharashtra,1-44.