A review on socio demographic details of school going adolescents in India
- 1Department of Social Work, Mizoram University, Aizawl, Mizoram, India
- 2Department of Social Work, Mizoram University, Aizawl, Mizoram, India
Res. J. Family, Community and Consumer Sci., Volume 8, Issue (1), Pages 7-9, January,27 (2020)
In every study, socio demographic variables are one of the important factors to provide a proper result. Without socio demographic details we cannot do a proper study. Therefore, the study among school going adolescents also need socio-demographic variables. The current review is to understand socio demographic variables of adolescents in India. The reviews were collected from online search engines from the previous 10 years of literature on school going adolescents. The findings of review found that socio demographic variables had a vigorous part in studies allied to school going adolescents. In most of the studies, socio demographic variables are one of the factors in key findings. There were no unique formats for socio demographic variables of school going adolescents because of diverse studies.
- Salkind N. (2010)., Encyclopedia of Research Design., 2455 Teller Road, Thousand Oaks California 91320 United States : SAGE Publications, Inc. https://doi.org/10.4135/9781412961288
- Hoffmeyer-Zlotnik J.H.P. (2016)., GESIS Survey Guidelines - Standardisation and Harmonisation of Socio-Demographic Variables., Retrieved from https://www.gesis.org/fileadmin/upload/SDMwiki/Ho ffmeyer-Zlotnik_Standardisation_and_Harmonisation_of_Socio-Demographic_Variables.pdf
- Sawyer Susan M., Peter S. Azzopardi, Dakshitha Wickremarathne and George C. Patton (2018)., The Age of Adolescence., The Lancet. Child & Adolescent Health, 2 (3), 223-228. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2352-4642(18)30022-1.
- Faizi N., Azmi S.A., Ahmad A. and Shah M.S. (2016)., Assessment of psychological problems in schoolgoing adolescents of Aligarh., Industrial Psychiatry Journal, 25(2), 184-188. https://doi.org/10.4103/ip j.ipj_65_14
- Singh M.M., Gupta M. and Grover S. (2017)., Prevalence & factors associated with depression among schoolgoing adolescents in Chandigarh, north India., The Indian Journal of Medical Research, 146(2), 205-215. https://doi.org/10.4103/ijmr.IJMR_1339_15
- Harikrishnan U., Arif A. and Sobhana H. (2016)., Prevalence of Social Phobia among School Going Adolescents., The International Journal of Indian Psychology ISSN, 4039(74), 2348-5396. Retrieved from http://www.ijip.in
- Harikrishnan U., Arif A. and Sobhana H. (2017)., Assessment of mental health status among school going adolescents in North East India: A cross sectional school based survey., Asian Journal of Psychiatry, 30, 114-117. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajp.2017.08.021
- Census (2011)., Religion Data - Population of Hindu / Muslim / Sikh / Christian - Census 2011 India., Retrieved November 25, 2018, from https://www.census2011.co.in/religion.php
- Goyal N. (2018)., A comparison of nutritional status of rural and urban adolescent girls from schools in North India: a cross-sectional study., International Journal Of Community Medicine And Public Health, 5(5), 1996. https://doi.org/10.18203/2394-6040.ijcmph20181712
- Parimalavalli R. and Kowsalya T. (2014)., Prevalence of overweight/obesity among adolescents in urban and rural areas of Salem, India., Journal of Obesity and Metabolic Research, 1(3), 152. https://doi.org/10.4103/2347-9906.141142
- Wankhade V. (2016)., Comparison of self-concept between rural and urban school going adolescent., International Journal of Physical Education, Sports and Health, 3(1), 90-93. Retrieved from www.kheljournal.com
- Bhosale S., Singru S. and Khismatrao D. (2015)., Study of psychosocial problems among adolescent students in Pune, India., Al Ameen J Med Sci, 8(2), 150-155. Retrieved from http://ajms.alameenmedica l.org/ArticlePDFs/13 AJMS V8.N2.2015 p 150-155.pdf
- Jha K.K., Singh S.K., Nirala S.K., Kumar C., Kumar P. and Aggrawal N. (2017)., Prevalence of Depression among School-going Adolescents in an Urban Area of Bihar, India., Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine, 39(3), 287-292. https://doi.org/10.4103/0253-7176.207326
- Sandal R.K., Goel N.K., Sharma M.K., Bakshi R.K., Singh N. and Kumar D. (2017)., Prevalence of Depression, Anxiety and Stress among school going adolescent in Chandigarh., Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care, 6(2), 405-410. https://doi.org/10.4103/2249-4863.219988
- Sharma B.S. and Ali A. (2016)., Attitude towards school, conflict, violence and mental health status among school going adolescents: a gender comparison., Int. J. Indian Psychol., 4(1), 5-17.
- Saleem S. (2018)., Modified Kuppuswamy Scale updated for year 2018., Indian Journal of Research , 7(3), 435-436. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/323846030_modified_kuppuswamy_scal e_updated_for_year_2018
- Bapat R., van Geel M. and Vedder P. (2017)., Socio-Economic Status, Time Spending, and Sleep Duration in Indian Children and Adolescents., Journal of Child and Family Studies, 26(1), 80-87. https://doi.org/1 0.1007/s10826-016-0557-8
- Divya S. and Paul R. (2016)., Socio-Economic Status and Well-being among Early Adolescents., The International Journal of Indian Psychology, 4(1), 10-19.