The effect on the weight loss of the diet consultancy applied on the 100 voluntaries who\'s overweight or obese: a pilot study
- 1Izmir KatipÇelebi University Medicine Faculty, Public Health Department, Izmir, Turkey
- 2Izmir KatipÇelebi University Medicine Faculty, Public Health Department, Izmir, Turkey
- 3Izmir KatipÇelebi University Medicine Faculty, Public Health Department, Izmir, Turkey
- 4Izmir Public Health Directorate, Izmir, Turkey
- 5Izmir Public Health Directorate, Izmir, Turkey
- 6Izmir Public Health Directorate, Izmir, Turkey
Res. J. Family, Community and Consumer Sci., Volume 6, Issue (1), Pages 1-4, January,27 (2018)
This studys aim was to evaluate the applying a healthy nutrition program specially prepared by the dietitians for the individuals to lose weight in a healthy way, on 100 healthy volunteers who live in Obesity Counseling Unit of the Bayrakli Community Health Center region, Izmir, Turkey. This study is an interventional research. The study was conducted between from November to December 2012, on the 100 voluntaries who\'s overweight. As the dependent variable of the study, it was accepted that at the end of three months, individuals had 5% reduction in body weight from baseline. For compare of categorical variables, Chi-square test was done. For statistical significance, p <0.05 was considered. 41.8% of these volunteers who continued to this study lost 5% or more of their body weight. &
- Ng M., Fleming T., Robinson M., Thomson B., Graetz N., Margono C. and Abraham J.P. (2014)., Global, regional, and national prevalence of overweight and obesity in children and adults during 19802013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013., The lancet, 384(9945), 766-781.
- Withrow D. and Alter DA. (2011)., The economic burden of obesity worldwide: a systematic review of the direct costs of obesity., Obesity reviews, Reviews, 12(2), 131141.
- Guh D.P., Zhang W., Bansback N., Amarsi Z., Birmingham C.L. and Anis A.H. (2009)., The incidence of co-morbidities related to obesity and overweight: a systematic review and meta-analysis., BMC public health, 9(1), 88.
- Tam A.A. and Çakır B. (2012)., Birinci basamakta obeziteye yaklaşım., Ankara Medical Journal, 12(1), 37-41.
- National Turkey Nutrition and Health Survey, 2010. http://www.sagem.gov.tr/TBSA_Beslenme_Yayini.pdf (Available: 10.09.2017)., undefined, undefined
- Turkey Healthy Nutrition and Moving Life Program (2014 - 2017), Ankara, 2013. http://diyabet.gov.tr/content/files/ yayinlar/kitaplar/turkiye_sagliklibeslenme_ve_hareketli_hayat_programi.2014_2017.pdf (Available: 10.09.2017)., undefined, undefined
- Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health Strategic Plan (2013-2017). http://www.istanbulsaglik.gov.tr/w/sb/ozeltedk/pdf/tc_sb_strat2013_2017.pdf (Available: 10.09.2017)., undefined, undefined
- Onat A. (2003)., The impact of obesity on cardiovascular diseases in Turkey., Archives of the Turkish Society of Cardiology, 31(5), 279-289..
- Çayir A., Atak N. and Köse S.K. (2011)., Assessment of Obesity Frequency and Related Factors on Individuals Attending to the Department of Nutrition and Dietetics., Ankara Üniversitesi Tıp FakültesiMecmuasi, 64(1), 13-19.
- Molarius A., Seidell J.C., Sans S., Tuomilehto J. and Kuulasmaa K. (2000)., Educational level, relative body weight, and changes in their association over 10 years: an international perspective from the WHO MONICA Project., American Journal of Public Health, 90(8), 1260-1268.
- McLaren L. (2007)., Socioeconomic status and obesity., Epidemiologic Reviews, 29(1), 29-48.
- Jakicic J.M. and Davis K.K. (2011)., Obesity and physical activity., Psychiatric Clinics, 34(4), 829-840.
- Lahti-Koski M., Pietinen P., Heliövaara M. and Vartiainen E. (2002)., Associations of body mass index and obesity with physical activity, food choices, alcohol intake, and smoking in the 19821997 FINRISK Studies., The American journal of clinical nutrition, 75(5), 809-817.
- Frank L.D., Andresen M.A. and Schmid T.L. (2004)., Obesity relationships with community design, physical activity, and time spent in cars., American journal of preventive medicine, 27(2), 87-96.
- Dennis E.A., Dengo A.L., Comber D.L., Flack K.D., Savla J., Davy K.P. and Davy B.M. (2010)., Water consumption increases weight loss during a hypocaloric diet intervention in middle‐aged and older adults., Obesity, 18(2), 300-307.
- Lundgren J.D., Allison K.C., Crow S., OReardon J.P., Berg K.C., Galbraith J. and Stunkard A.J. (2006)., Prevalence of the night eating syndrome in a psychiatric population., American Journal of Psychiatry, 163(1), 156-158.
- Colles S.L., Dixon J.B. and O, Night eating syndrome and nocturnal snacking: association with obesity, binge eating and psychological distress., International journal of obesity, 31(11), 1722-1730.
- Allison K.C., Grilo C.M., Masheb R.M. and Stunkard A.J. (2005)., Binge eating disorder and night eating syndrome: a comparative study of disordered eating., Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 73(6), 1107-1115.