Reflective thoughts of language teachers for professional enhancement
- 1Bulacan State University, Philippines
Res. J.Educational Sci., Volume 7, Issue (1), Pages 18-20, January,1 (2019)
The ability to do reflection is drawing global attention because it helps language teachers understand themselves better by engaging in a meaningful reflective thinking. Successful planning is a product of meaningful reflections. This study aimed to explore and discuss the essence of reflective teaching in the views of educators who have defined and illustrated the approach. This research employed content analysis of the references cited by the researcher. The researcher considered his experiences and reflections while he connected these to the reflective thoughts of the literature cited. At the end, advantages and perks of engaging in reflections were offered and highlighted. It was also concluded that through this approach, language teachers are placed in the process of professional development.
- Cruickshank D.R. (1987)., Reflection Teaching, . Reston, VA: Association of Teacher Educators in Moore, K.D. (2005). Effective Instructional Strategies from Theory to Practice. California: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Killen R. (2009)., Effective Teaching Strategies: Lessons from Research and Practice., (5th Edition). Sydney: CENGAGE Learning.
- Moore K.D. (2014)., Effective Instructional Strategies from Theory to Practice., California: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Richards J.C. and Lockhart C. (1994)., Reflective Teaching in Second Language Classrooms., Cambridge University Press.
- Celce-Murcia M. (2001)., Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language., (Third Edition). Boston, MA: HEINLE Cengage Learning.
- Hartman Hope J.A. (2010)., Guide to Reflective Practice for New and Experienced Teachers, . (The Practical Guide Series). New York: McGraw Hill Higher Education.
- Dewey J. (1933)., How We Think., Chicago: Henry Regnery Company, Gateway, Edition.
- Brookfield S. (1995)., Becoming a Critically Reflective Teacher., San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Valli L. (1993)., Reconsidering technical and reflective concepts in teacher education., Action in Teacher Education, 15(2), 35-44.
- Bolton G. (2010)., Reflective Practice., 3rd Edition. London: Sage.