Investigation of some factors affecting the performances of chemistry teachers in senior secondary schools in Yola North Adamawa State, Nigeria
- 1Nanochemistry Research Group, Chemistry Department, ModibboAdama University of Technology, Yola
- 2Adamawa State Polytechnic Yola, Nigeria
- 3Federal College of Education Yola, Nigeria
- 4Nanochemistry Research Group, Chemistry Department, ModibboAdama University of Technology, Yola
- 5Chemistry Department, Umar Suleiman College of Education Gashua, Yobe State, Nigeria
- 6University of Calabar, Nigeria, Nanochemistry Research Group, Chemistry Department, ModibboAdama University of Technology, Yola and CAS Key Laboratory for Nanoscience and Hierarchical Fabrication, CAS Centre for Excellence in Nanoscience, National Centre for Nanoscience and Technology, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Res. J.Educational Sci., Volume 6, Issue (5), Pages 1-6, October,1 (2018)
This project examined some factors affecting the performances of chemistry teachers in senior secondary schools in Yola North LGA Adamawa State. The project exposes the relevance of paper qualification with teacher performance, the importance of integrating instructional materials and its increasing influence on teacher's performance. The study shows that instructional material is too important to both the teacher and students in teaching and learning of chemistry. In achieving standard long-lasting learning outcome, the teacher performance is vital and motivational system available to chemistry teachers affect their performances. In conclusion, paper qualification, the used of instructional materials and motivation system available to chemistry teachers in senior secondary schools greatly affect their performances.
- Kirk J. and Winthrop R. (2006)., Home-based schooling: access to quality education for Afghan girls., Journal of Education for International Development, 2(2), 1-9. http://www.equip123.net/JEID/.
- Alexander R.J. (2010)., 'World class schools'-noble aspiration or globalised hokum?., BAICE Presidential Address at the 10th UKFIET Conference on Education and Development 2009. Compare, 40(6), 801-817. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03057925.2010.523252. 801-817. December, 2010.
- Dowell M. (1969)., How the world's most improved school systems keep getting better., McKinsey & Company. http://mckinseyonsociety.com/how-the-worlds-most-improved-school-systems-keep-getting-better/.
- Andrabi T., Das J., and Khwaja A.I. (2011)., Students today, teachers tomorrow? Identifying constraints on the provision of education. Policy Research Working Paper 5674., Human Development Network Education.
- Adedayo J.O. (2008)., Effect of electronics artisans' background and competence on science and technology advancement in Nigeria., Research in Curriculum Studies, 5(1), 132-136.
- Obani T.C. (1996)., The vision and mission of special education in Nigeria., In A lead paper presented at National Commission for College of Education (NCCE) at the National Conference, NTI, Kaduna, 21.
- Orr D., Westbrook J., Pryor J., Durrani N., Sebba J. and Adu-Yeboah C. (2013)., What are the impacts and cost-effectiveness of strategies to improve performance of untrained and under-trained teachers in the classroom in developing countries?., Systematic review. London: EPPI-Centre, Social Science Research Centre, Institute of Education, University of London.
- Lar M. (1997)., Principles and Methods of Teaching: Application to Nomads., Fab Education Books.
- Lee M., Seashore Louis K. and Anderson S. (2012)., Local education authorities and student learning: The effects of policies and practices., School Effectiveness and School Improvement, 23(2), 133-158.
- Lewin K.M. and Stuart J.S. (2003)., Researching Teacher Education: New Perspectives on Practice, Performance, and Policy, Multi-Site Teacher Education Research Project (MUSTER), Synthesis Report (No. 12882)., Department for International Development (DFID)(UK).
- Ogbazi J.N. (1987)., Using co-operative education students' performances., Vocational Education Journal, 1(1), 162-169.
- Olarewaju A.O. (1986)., Census of students' under-achievement., In 27th Annual conference proceedings of the Science Teachers' Association of Nigeria, 80-87.
- Herzberg O. (1971)., Science, science education and scientific literacy., English Language Teaching, 5(6). [Online] Available: www.ccsenet.org/elt, June 2012 ISSN 1916-4742 E-ISSN 1916-4750 76 http/:www.unn.edu.net/ DEPT/dept-scienceedu.html (retrieved December 20, 1971).
- Maslow A.H. (1968)., Toward a Psychology of Being., New York: D. Van Nostrand Company.