Factors leading to Parents opting for Private Schools for their Children
- 1Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Sector 16C Dwarka, New Delhi-110078, India
Res. J.Educational Sci., Volume 4, Issue (6), Pages 1-4, June,1 (2016)
Admission of a child is a stressful activity not only for the parents but also for the child itself. It creates a competition among small children right from the very beginning i.e., at Nursery level. Even Right to Education does not guarantee the admission, what guarantees an admission is, a donation, if parents are alumni, famous personís approach or sometime lottery method brings a charm. Every year during the month of February and March, Parents standing in line for hours outside the various Private Schools to get an admission of their child is a common sight where in many seats in government Schools goes vacant. So, what is it that attracts parents to private schools rather than government schools?
- Naeem Ur Rehman, Jangraiz Khan, Muhammad Tariq and Sajjad Tasleem (2010)., Determinants of Parents Choice in Selection of Private Schools., European Journal of Scientific Research, 44(1), 140-151.
- Desai Sonalde, Dubey Amaresh., Vanneman Reeve, and Banerji Rukmini (2008), Private Schooling in India: A New Educational Landscape, PRATHAM, India Human Development Survey, Working Paper No. 11.
- Lynn Bosetti, Determinants of school choice: understanding how parents choose elementary schools in Alberta, University of Calgary, Canada, Journal of Education Policy, Taylor and Francis, 19(4).
- Dahari Zainurin and Bin Ya Mohd Sabri (2011)., Factors that Influence Parentsí Choice of Pre-Schools Education in Malaysia: An Exploratory Study., International Journal of Business and Social Science. 2(15).
- Kristie J. Rowley (2006)., The Public-Private Decision about School Choice, Ellen Goldring, Vanderbilt University., Brigham Young University Paper Presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, San Francisco, California April 8.
- SK Sharma and VP, Seventh all India school education survey., 7th AISES, NCERT, Delhi, New.
- Veechika Vignana (2011)., Importance of nursery education in India., Retrieved on 10/02/2013 from Website: http://vignanaveechika.blogspot.in/2011/04/in-india-pre-school-is-divided-into.html.