Satellite image analysis using remote sensing and GIS: a case study of Jagtial District, Telangana State, India
- 1Centre of Exploration Geophysics, Osmania University, Hyderabad-500 007, India
- 2Centre of Exploration Geophysics, Osmania University, Hyderabad-500 007, India
- 3Centre of Exploration Geophysics, Osmania University, Hyderabad-500 007, India
Int. Res. J. Earth Sci., Volume 6, Issue (4), Pages 1-7, April,25 (2018)
A detailed land use / land cover mapping has been carried out in the Jagtial district of Telangana State, India, by applying visual and digital interpretation IRS-R2-LISS-IV satellite imagery. The diverse Land use category as forest, agriculture, liquidation, water bodies, drainage, transportation and land cover pattern is divided into built upland, cultivated land, forest land and uncultivated land (Barren land).These features follow a general trend of having a set of natural resources in the study region.
- Ram Balak and Kolarkar A.S. (1993)., Remote Sensing Application in monitoring land use changes in arid Rajasthan., IJRS, 14(17), 3191-3200.
- Zubair A.O. (2006)., Change detection in land use and land cover using remote sensing data and GIS., a case study of Ilorin and its envirous in Kwara state, Msc Thesis, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
- Baulites X. and Szejwach G. (1997)., LUCC Data Requirements Workshop Survey of Needs, Gaps and Priorities on Data for Land-use/Land Cover Change., Research Organized by IGBP/IHDP-LUCC and IGBP-DIS Barcelona, Spain.
- Rao Rammona P., HahiramT., Bhkta Thukaram G. and Kumar Anad S. (2015)., Land us and land cover analyising Remotely sensing and GIS and case study of Khammam District, Telangna State, India., IJRS, 6(7), 5465-5468.
- Lambin E.F., Geist H.J. and Lepers E. (2003)., Dynamics of Land use/Cover change in tropical regions (Annu.Rev. Environ.Resour)., 28, 205-241.
- Geological Survey of India (GSI), (1999)., undefined, undefined
- Uma Maheshwari R., Rajkumar R., Surendran A. and Krishnamoorthy B.S. (2015)., Monitoring changes in land use/land cover using multi temporal/sensor satellite data: a case study in Palani., IJRSR, 6(2), 2867-2870.
- Goetz A.F., Billingsley F.C., Gillespie A.R., Abrams M.J., Squires R.L., Shoemaker E.M. and Elston D.P. (1975)., Application of ERTS images and image processing to regional geologic problems and geologic mapping in northern Arizona., JPLTechnical Report, 321597, JetPropulsion Laboratory, Pasadena.
- Chavez P.S., Berlin G.L. and Sowers L.B. (1982)., Statistical method for selecting landsat MSS., J. Appl. Photogr. Eng., 8(1), 23-30.
- Singer R.B. (1981)., Near‐infrared spectral reflectance of mineral mixtures: Systematic Combinations of pyroxenes, olivine, and iron oxides., Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth, 86(B9), 7967-7982.
- Miller L.D. and Pearson R.L. (1971)., Areal mapping program of the IBP grassland biome: Remote Sensing of the productivity of the shortgrass prairie as input into biosystem models., In Proceedings of the Seventh International Symposium on Remote Sensing of Environment, 165-205.
- Price J.C. (1995)., Examples of high resolution visible to near-infrared reflectance spectra and a standardized collection for remote sensing studies., Remote Sensing, 16(6), 993-1000.
- Short N.M. (1982)., The Landsat Tutorial workbook., Basics of satellite remote sensing Washington, D.C.; NASA Scientific and Technical Information branch NASA, 174-175.
- Hammond R. and Mc. Cullagh P.S. (1980)., Quantittive techniques in geography Oxford England: Clarendon press.,
- Castelman K.E. (1978)., The grey level histogram, Digital Image processing., Prentice Hall, Englewood, Cliffs, New Jersey, Inc., 68-84.
- Ramadass G. and Sriramulu G. (2016)., Application of RS and GIS for Land Use/Land Cover, Geomorphological Studies in Nalgonda District, Telangana, India., International Journal of Advanced Remote Sensing and GIS, 5, 1592-1604.