Shot boundary detection using second order statistics of gray level co-occurrence matrix
- 1Department of Electronics and Communication, University of Allahabad
- 2Department of Electronics and Communication, University of Allahabad
Res. J. Computer & IT Sci., Volume 5, Issue (6), Pages 1-7, August,20 (2017)
The readily and easily available nature of capturing devices made enormous amounts of video available in day-to-day life. Processing of such a lengthy video is a time consuming process, therefore researchers have introduced key frames. Key frame in short can be visualized as a frame that represents the information present in entire video shot. Detecting shot boundaries plays a vital role in extracting key fames. The results of shot boundary detection shows effect on performance of further stages of processing, therefore a reliable shot boundary detection task forms corner stone in several applications such as video analysis and summarization, video abstraction and higher contextual segmentation etc. In this article a novel image gray level co-occurrence matrix based technique for shot boundary detection by calculating statistics of the current frame such as homogeneity, energy, correlation, contrast and comparing the same with the next frame. The proposed algorithm successfully detects the shot boundaries by considering the statistics captured by gray level co-occurrence matrix. The method is experimented on animation videos. Performance of the method is evaluated with evaluation parameters boundary recall, accuracy, detection percentage, missing factor. The investigational results demonstrate that the proposed algorithm performs better than state-of-art methods. The results are tabulated, plotted and discussed briefly.
- Mohanta Partha Pratim, Saha Kumar Sanjoy and Chanda Bhabatosh (2012)., A Model-Based Shot Boundary Detection Using Frame Transition Parameters., IEEE Transactions on Multimedia., 14(1), 223-233.
- Birinci Murat and Kiranyaz Serkan (2014)., A perceptual scheme for fully automatic video shot boundary detection., Signal Processing: Image Communication., 29(3), 410-423.
- Tavassolipour Mostafa, Karimian Mahmood and Kasaei Shohreh (2014)., Event Detection and Summarization in Soccer Videos Using Bayesian Network and Copula., IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 24(2), 291-304.
- Lu ZheMing and Shi Yong (2013)., Fast Video Shot Boundary Detection Based on SVD and Pattern Matching., IEEE Transactions on Image processing, 22(12), 5136-5145.
- Lakshmi Priya. G.G. and Domnic S. (2014)., Shot based keyframe extraction for ecological video indexing and retrieval., Ecological Informatics, 23, 107-117.
- Mendi E. and Bayrak C. (2013)., Shot boundary detection and keyframe extraction from neurosurgical video sequences., The imaging Science Journal, 60(2), 90-96.
- Warhade Krishna K., Merchant S.N. and Desai U.B. (2011)., Shot boundary detection in the presence of fire flicker and explosion using stationary wavelet transform., Signal, Image and Video Processing, 5(4), 507-515.
- Vila Marius, Bardera Anton, Xu Qing, Feixas Miquel and Sbert Mateu (2013)., Tsallis entropy based information measures for shot boundary detection and keyframe selection., Signal, Image and Video processing, 7(3), 507-520.
- Thounaojam Dalton Meitei, Khelchandra Thongam, Singh Kh. Manglem and Roy Sudipta (2016)., A Genetic Algorithm and Fuzzy Logic Approach for Video Shot Boundary Detection., Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience, 1-12. Article ID 8469428.
- Wang Shuai, Cong Yang, Cao Jun, Yang Yunsheng, Tang Yandong, Zhao Huaici and Yu Haibin (2016)., Scalable gastroscopic video summarization via similar-inhibition dictionary selection., Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, 66, 1-13.
- Toharia Pablo, Robles Oscar D., Suarez Ricardo, Bosque Jose Luis and Pastor Luis (2012)., Shot boundary detection using Zernike moments in multi-GPU multi-CPU Architectures., Journal of Parallel Distribution Computinng, 72(9), 1127-1133.
- Warhade Krishna K., Merchant S.N. and Desai U.B. (2013)., Shot boundary detection in the presence of illumination and motion., Signal Image and Video processing, 7(3), 581-592.
- Duan Feng-feng (2016)., Shot Segmentation for Binocular Stereoscopic Video Based on Spatial–Temporal Feature Clustering., 3D Research, 7, 29.
- Jadhava Poonam S. and Jadhav Dipti S. (2015)., Video Summarization using Higher Order Color Moments., Procedia Computer Science, 45, 275-281.
- Thakre K.S., Rajurkar A.M. and Manthalkar R.R. (2016)., Video Partitioning and Secured Keyframe Extraction of MPEG Video., Procedia Computer Science, 78, 790-798.
- VirtualDub (2017)., Proof that I had too much free time in college, http://www.virtualdub.org/index.html
- Dutta Debabrata, Kumar Saha Sanjoy and Chanda Bhabatosh (2016)., A shot detection technique using linear regression of shot transition patterns., Multimedia Tools and Applications, 75(1), 93-113.
- Poornima K. and Kanchana R. (2012)., A Method to Align Images Using Image Segmentation., International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering, 2(1), 294-298.
- Khare Manish, Srivastasava Rajneesh Kumar and Khare Ashish (2015)., Moving Object Segmentation in Daubechies Complex Wavelet domain., Journal of Signal, Image and Video Processing, 9(3), 635-650.
- Shaker Ibrahim F., Abd-Elrahman Amr, Abdel-Gawad Ahmed K. and Sherief Mohamed A. (2011)., Building Extraction from High Resolution Space Images in High Density Residential Areas in the great Cairo Region., Remote Sensing, 3(4), 781-791.