Advanced security with fingerprint and palmprint recognition
- 1Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, CG, India
Res. J. Computer & IT Sci., Volume 5, Issue (5), Pages 6-8, July,20 (2017)
A requisite to authenticate ourselves to machines is increasing day by day in todayís meshed society. It is must that only the legitimate user will be able to perform any action on our networked society also it is necessary that a strong system should be introduced to verify individuals at that time biometric identification comes to light. Well known biometric approaches are palmprint and fingerprint recognition technology. Instead of using palmprint recognition or fingerprint recognition system separately for personal authentication we can use both fingerprint and palmprint recognition together to provide enhanced level of confidence for personal verification and identification.
- Maltoni D., Maio D., Jain A.K. and Prabhakar S. (2009)., Handbook of Fingerprint Recognition - Second Edition, Springer, London,.
- Jain A.K., Bolle R. and Pankanti S. (1999)., Biometrics: Personal Identification in a Networked Society, Kluwer Academic Publishers., .
- Prabhakar Salil, Pankanti S. and Jain A.K. (2003)., Biometric Recognition: Security and Privacy Concerns., IEEE Security and Privacy, 33-42, DOI: 10.1109/MSECP.2003.1193209.
- Maio Dario, Maltoni Davide, Cappelli Raffaele, Wayman James L. and Jain Anil K. (2002)., FVC2002: Second Fingerprint Verification Competition., Proc. Intíl Conf. Pattern Recognition, IEEE CS Press, 3, 811-814.
- Kour Jaspreet, Vashishtha Shreyash, Mishra Nikhil, Dwivedi Gaurav and Arora Prateek (2013)., Palmprint recognition system., International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, 2(4), 1006-1009.
- Connie Tee, Beng Jin Andrew Teoh, Kah Ong Michael Goh and Chek Ling David Ngo (2005)., An automated palmprint recognition system., Image and Vision Computing, 23, 501-515.
- Jules A. and Sudan M. (2002)., A Fuzzy Vault Scheme Proc., IEEE Intíl Symp. Information Theory, IEEE Press, 408.