Route optimization using Hungarian method combined with Dijkstra\'s method in home health care services
- 1Computer Technology and Applications, SSGI-SSTC, Junwani, Bhilai, CG, India
- 2Computer Science and Engineering, SSGI-SSTC, Junwani, Bhilai, CG, India
Res. J. Computer & IT Sci., Volume 5, Issue (3), Pages 7-15, May,20 (2017)
In this paper, we introduce a new approach for solving the route optimization problems and provide a solution for variant of this problem. The concept of proposed method is to combine the Dijkstra’s method with Hungarian algorithm to find an optimal solution for a given problem. Presently the proposed approach is applied to a home health care system which deals with the providing medical care and emergency services to the patients. The method was explained with the help of an example and same can be implemented for the other applications also. The proposed method builds on the concept of Dijkstra’s method and Hungarian method which is very simple, easy to understand and apply.
- Cheng E. and Rich J.L. (1998)., A home health care routing and scheduling problem., Houston, Texas, 24.
- Mondal R.N., Hossain M.R. and Saha S.K. (2013)., An Approach for Solving Traveling Salesman Problem., International Journal of Applied Operational Research-An Open Access Journal, 3(2), 16-26.
- Liu R., Xie X., Augusto V. and Rodriguez C. (2013)., Heuristic algorithms for a vehicle routing problem with simultaneous delivery and pickup and time windows in home health care., European Journal of Operational Research, 230(3), 475-486.
- Haddadene S.R.A., Labadie N. and Prodhon C. (2016)., A GRASP× ILS for the vehicle routing problem with time windows, synchronization and precedence constraints., Expert Systems with Applications, 66, 274-294.
- Skiena S. (1990)., Dijkstra’s algorithm., Implementing Discrete Mathematics: Combinatorics and Graph Theory with Mathematica, Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, 225-227.
- Kuhn Harold W. (1955)., The Hungarian Method for the assignment problem., Naval Research Logistics Quarterly, 2(1-2), 83-97.
- Kuhn Harold W. (1956)., Variants of the Hungarian method for assignment problems,, Naval Research Logistics Quarterly, 3(4), 253-258.
- Munkres J.L. (1957)., Algorithms for the Assignment and Transportation Problems., Journal of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, 5(1), 32-38.