Secure Data Transmission “Integration of Genetic Algorithm and Visual Cryptography Technique”
- 1Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Chhatrapati Shivaji Institute of Technology, Durg, Chhattisgarh, India
- 2Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Chhatrapati Shivaji Institute of Technology, Durg, Chhattisgarh, India
Res. J. Computer & IT Sci., Volume 4, Issue (4), Pages 16-18, April,20 (2016)
Integrity, security, non-repudiation, confidentiality, and authentication services are the imperative elements in data security. Presently days the security of information draws much attention, particularly when these information are send through the communication network or put away in memory. Cryptography is a technique for sparing and transmitting information in a specific form so that those for whom it is proposed can read it and process it. For secure data transmission this work presented a system which uses genetic algorithm, steganography along with visual cryptography. Genetic algorithm is used for encryption where plain text is converted into cipher text then it is hidden in LSB pixels of an image using Steganography technique. Visual cryptography technique is then used to divide the image into multiple shares to provide security and reliability for data transmission over network. Digital signature is used for authentication.
- Douglas and Stinson R. (1995)., Cryptography- Theory and Practice., CRC Press, Newyork, USA.
- Anderson R. and Petitcolas F. (1998)., On the limits of steganography., IEEE Journal of Selected Areas in Communications, 16(4).
- Naor M. and Shamir A. (1995)., Visual Cryptography., In proceeding of advances in cryptography Eurocrypt, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1-12.
- Sivanandam S.N. and Deepa S.N. (2008)., Introduction to Genetic Algorithm., Springer Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, New York.
- Mishra S. and Bali S. (2013)., Public Key Cryptography Using Genetic Algorithm., International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE), 2(2), 150-154.
- Sindhuja K. and Devi P.S. (2014)., A Symmetric Key Encryption Technique Using Genetic Algorithm., International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology, 5(1), 414-416.
- Goyat S. (2012)., Cryptography Using Genetic Algorithms (GAs)., IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering, 1(5), 06-08.
- Yan W., Jin D. and Kankanhalli M.S. (2012)., Visual Cryptography for Print and Scan applications., International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, 5.
- Singh D., Rani P. and Kumar R. (2013)., To Design a Genetic Algorithm for Cryptography to Enhance the Security., International Journal of Innovations in Engineering and Technology (IJIET), 2(2), 380-385.
- William S. (2011)., Cryptography and Network Security, (5th edition), Noida, India, Dorling Kindersley.