Assessment of ground water quality status of Sailan Block, MP, India
- 1Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore, MP, India
- 2Govt. College, Sailana, MP, India
Res. J. Animal, Veterinary and Fishery Sci., Volume 7, Issue (2), Pages 11-15, November,24 (2019)
The aim of this study was to analyze ground water quality status of the block district Ratlam M.P. India. The physic chemical parameters, PH, TDS, Total hardness, D.O., BOD Choride, Sulphates, Nitrates, Total alkalinity, were analyzed to ascertain the quality of water will be safe for public consumption. The results obtained in present investigations revealed that water quality is norms of Indian standard and ICMR.
- BIS (1998)., Specification for Drinking, water, Bureau of Indian Standards., New Delhi, 171-178.
- Garg V.K., Gupta R., Goel S., Taneja M. and Khurana B. (2000)., Assessment of underground drinking water quality in eastern part of Hisar., Indian Journal of Environmental Protection, 20(6), 407-412.
- APHA (2000)., Standard methods for examination of water and waste water., American Public Health Association, Washington DC, 21st Edition.
- Jain C.K., Kumar C.P. and Sharma M.K. (2003)., Ground water qualities of Ghataprabha command area Karnataka., Indian Journal Environ and Ecoplan, 7(2), 251-262.
- Horton R.K. (1965)., An Index Number System for Rating Water Quality., Journal of the Water Pollution Control Federation, 37, 300-306.
- Brown R.M., McClelland N.I., Deininger R.A. and O′Connor M.F. (1972)., Water Quality Index-Crashing, the Psychological Barrier., Proc. 6th Annual Conference, Advances in Water Pollution Research, 787-794. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-08-017005-3.50067-0
- Report (2009)., Central Ground Water Board Ministry of Water Resources Government of India 2009-10 ANNUAL REPORT., http://cgwb.gov.in/AnnualReports/Annual%20Report%202009-10.pdf
- APHA (1998)., Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater., 20th Edition, American Public Health Association, American Water Works Association and Water Environmental Federation, Washington DC.
- Prasad N.N. and Mansoor O.A. (2005)., Assessment of Groundwater Quality Status in Amini Island of Lakshadweep., Journal of environmental science and engineering, 47(1), 69-74.