First report on parasites occurrence and length-weight relationship of the thinspine sea catfish Plicofollis tenuispinis (Day, 1877) landed along Veraval centre of Saurashstra coast of Gujarat, India
- 1College of Fisheries Science, Junagadh Agricultural University, Veraval, Gujarat, India
Res. J. Animal, Veterinary and Fishery Sci., Volume 5, Issue (5), Pages 1-7, July,24 (2017)
Present study were carried out on the thin spine sea catfish Plicofollis tenuispinis (Day, 1877) along the Veraval Centre along Saurashtra coast of the India, during the year 2016-17. First time where found that occurrence of marine external parasites which can be suggested for the fish stock life stage indication, and further it will be scope for utilizing parasite as biological tag studies due to its cheap biological less harmful, larger size. The length – weight relationship of Plicofollis tenuispinis based on the total of 310 samples which is includes 143 males and 167 females in addition to 1137 samples for catch estimation. Results of present study were found that these species along the Veraval coast indicating that allometric growth.
- Armbruster J.W. (2011)., Global Catfish Biodiversity., American Fisheries Society Symposium, 77, 15-37.
- Froese R. and Pauly D. (2012)., FishBase. World Wide Web electronic publication., Available at www.fishbase.org/>accessed 1 January, 2016.
- Amin Muhammad, Shoaib Mohammad, Nabi Ghulam, Ahmed Naveed and Kifayatullah Muhammad (2016)., A Comprehensive Review on Fishery Biology of Catfishes., Journal of Biology and Life Science, 7(1), 1-11.
- Castro Aguirre J.L., Espinosa H.S. and Schmitter Soto J.J. (1999)., Icthiofauna Estuarino-Lagunary Vicaria de México., Colección Textos Politécnicos. Serie Biotecnologías. Ed. Limusa. México, D.F., 140, 521-532.
- Bailly N. (2008)., Plicofollis tenuispinis (Day, 1877)., In: Froese R. and D. Pauly. Editors. (2017). FishBase. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=282301 on 1st May 2017.
- Srinath M., Somy Kuriakose and Mini K.G. (2005)., Methodology for estimation of marine fish landings in India., CMFRI Special Publication, 86, 1-57.
- Le Cren E.D. (1951)., The Length-weight relationship and seasonal cycle in gonad weight and condition in the Perch (Perca fluviatilis)., J. Anim. Ecol., 20(2), 201-219.
- Gayanilo F.C., Sparre P. and Pauly D. (2005)., The FAO-ICLARM Stock Assessment Tools II (FiSATII) User’s Guide., FAO computerized information series (Fisheries), revised version. FAO, Rome, Itali, 8, 126.
- Sawant P.B. and Raje S.G. (2009)., Morphometry and length weight relationship of the Catfishes Arius caelatus (Valenciennes, 1840) and Arius thalassinus (Ruppell, 1837) off Mumbai, Veraval and Vishakhapatnam coasts., Asian Fisheries Science, 22, 215-228.
- Das N.G., Majumder A.A. and Sawant S.M.M. (1997)., Length – weight relationship and condition factor of Catfish Arius tenuispinis (Day, 1877)., Indian J. Fish., 44 (1), 81-85.
- Farooq N., Qamar N., Panhwar S.K. and Rashid S. (2016)., Length-weight relationship of eleven species of marine catfishes from the northern Arabian Sea coast of Pakistan., Chin. J. Ocean.Limnol., 1-3. Available at https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00343-017-6117-2/>accessed 14June, 2017.