Growth Controlling Effect of Thuricide on Diacrisia Obliqua
- 1Dept. of Zoology, Janta College, Bakewar (Etawah), U.P., India
Res. J. Animal, Veterinary and Fishery Sci., Volume 4, Issue (9), Pages 1-4, October,24 (2016)
Diacrisia obliqua Walker (Lepidoptera: Arctiidae) is a well known Pest of various economically important crops. It causes a huge loss to farmers. In order to control this pest, thuricide (a bacterial preparation) was administered and tested by Leaf Dip Method (LDM) and Topical Method (TM). It was found that thuricide reduces the accumulation of biomass in larva, pupa and adults from lowest concentration (0.05%) to highest concentration (1.0%). Biomass decreases with the increasing concentration of thuricide and it differed significantly with the concentration of bacterial preparation (P<0.01). It was also noticed that thuricide gives better results under LDM.
- Gupta L. (2016)., Effect of thuricide on development of Diacrisia obliqua (Lepidoptera: Arctiidae)., Res. J. Animal, Veterinary and Fishery Sci., 4(1), 1-4.
- Bulla L.A., Karmer K.J. and Davidson L.I. (1977)., Characterization of the entomocidal parasporal crystal of B. thuringiensis., J. Bacteriol., 130, 375-383
- Sundrababu P.C. and Subramaniam T.R. (1973)., Studies with B. thuringiensis Berliner on Spodoptera litura fabricius., Madras Agric. J., 60(7), 487-491.
- Moawad G.M., ShalabyF.F., Metwally A.G. and Gemeily. M.M. (1985)., Laboratory pathogenecity test with two commercial preprations of B. thuringiensis on the first instar larvae of the spiny boll worm (Earias insulana)., Bull. Soc. Entomol. Egypte., 10(64):137-144,
- Govindrajan R., Jairaj S. and Narayanan K. (1975)., Observation on the nature of resistance in S. litura (F.) (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) to infection by B.t. Berliner., Indian . j. Exp. Biol., 13, 548-550.
- Srivastava R.P. (1984)., Bioassay to determine relative efficacy of three different formulations of B. thuringiensis against Papilio demoleus., Indian j. Plant pathol., 2(2), 111-113.
- Narayan K. and Jayraj S. (1975)., Effect of B. thuringiensis on size, weight and fat content of citrus leaf caterpillar, Papilio demoleus., Madras, Agric, J., 62, 367-370.
- Fast P.G. and Regniere T. (1984)., Effect of exposure time to B. thuringiensis on mortality and recovery of spruce budworm (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae)., Can. Ent., 116, 123-130.
- Sareen V., Rathore Y.S. and Bhattacharya A.K. (1983)., Influence of B. thuringiensis Var. Spodoptera litura., Z. Angew. Entomol., 95(3), 253-258.
- Fast P.G. and Diamond J.B. (1984)., Susceptibility of larval instars of spruce budworm, Choristoneura fumiferana (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae) to B. thuringiensis., Can. Ent., 116, 131-137.