Analysis of physicochemical parameters of soil samples around Bahir Dar Textile Industry, Northern Amhara, Ethiopia
- 1Chemistry Department, College of Natural and Computational Sciences, Ambo University, P.O. Box. 19, Ambo, Ethiopia and Chemistry Department, College of Natural and Computational Sciences, Injibara University, P.O. Box. 40, Injibara, Ethiopia
- 2Chemistry Department, College of Natural and Computational Sciences, Injibara University, P.O. Box. 40, Injibara, Ethiopia
Res. J. Agriculture & Forestry Sci., Volume 8, Issue (2), Pages 9-14, April,8 (2020)
The levels of selected physicochemical properties in the soil sample collected in Bahir Dar Textile Factory were determined by several methods. Soil samples found in the Bahir Dar textile factory were investigated for several physicochemical parameters those parameters were mainly indicator of soil properties. Results that obtained from soil samples analyzed showed that the range of the values of physicochemical properties (pH, EC(mS/cm), OM (%),OC(%), MC, CEC(cmol/kg) were 7.752-8.344, 0.130-0.214, 1.771-5.84-2, 1.027-3.389, 5.138-6.106 and 12.39-16.242 respectively. From the result of EC that generated in soil samples, soil samples that under investigated in the area of Bahir Dar textile factory were non saline and the value of pH was found vary from slightly alkaline to higher value of alkaline. Between the values of physicochemical properties as the statistical test of ANOVA there were significant differences (p<0.05) in the analyzed soil samples.
- Borkar, A.D. (2015)., Study on some physicochemical parameters of soil samples in Katol Taluka District Nagpur (MS), India., Research Journal of Agriculture and Forestry Sciences, 3(1), 16-8.
- Moor, C., Lymberopoulou, T., and Dietrich, V. J. (2001)., Determination of heavy metals in soils, sediments and geological materials by ICP-AES and ICP-MS., Microchimica Acta. 136(3-4), 123-128.
- Muniafu, M., and Otiato, E. (2010)., Solid Waste Management in Nairobi, Kenya. A case for emerging economies., Journal of Language, Technology & Entrepreneurship in Africa, 2(1), 342-350.
- Vrščaj, B. (2011)., Soil Protection Activities and Soil Quality Monitoring in South-Eastern Europe., P. Panagos, V. Tomaž, & H. Čustović (Eds.). Publications Office.
- Okoro, H.K., Orimolade, B.O., Adebayo, G.B., Akande, B.A., Ximba, B.J., Ngila, J.C. (2017)., An Assessment of Heavy Metals Contents in the Soil around a Cement Factory in Ewekoro, Nigeria Using Pollution Indices., Polish Journal of Environmental Studies, 26(1).
- Ganorkar, R. P., Hole, H. A., & Pund, D. A. (2017). Assessment of Soil Nutrients and Physico-Chemical Parameters in the Region of Hiwarkhed Village of Amravati District (Maharashtra State), India., Rasayan J. Chem., 10(2) 429-433.
- Mehari, A.K., Gebremedhin, S., and Ayele, B. (2015)., Effects of Bahir Dar textile factory effluents on the water quality of the headwaters of Blue Nile River, Ethiopia., International Journal of Analytical Chemistry. 2015, 1-7.
- Addis, W., & Abebaw, A. (2015)., Analysis of selected physicochemical parameters of soils used for the cultivation of garlic (Allium sativum L.)., Science, Technology and Arts Research Journal, 3(4), 29-35.
- Joel, O. F., & Amajuoyi, C. A. (2009)., Determination of Selected Physicochemical Parameters and Heavy Metals in a Drilling Cutting Dump Site at Ezeogwu-Owaza, Nigeria., Journal of Applied Sciences and Environmental Management, 13(2).
- Akan, J. C., Abdulrahman, F. I., Sodipo, O. A., & Lange, A. G. (2010)., Physicochemical parameters in soil and vegetable samples from Gongulon Agricultural site, Maiduguri, Borno state, Nigeria., Journal of American Science, 6(12), 78-87.
- Chaudhari, K.G. (2013)., Studies of the physicochemical parameters of soil samples., Advances in Applied Science Research, 4(6), 246.
- Wagh, G. S., Chavhan, D. M., & Sayyed, M. R. G. (2013)., Physicochemical Analysis of Soils from Eastern Part of Pune City., Universal Journal of Environmental Research & Technology, 3(1).
- Badmus, B. S., Ozebo, V. C., Idowu, O. A., Ganiyu, S. A., & Olurin, O. T. (2014)., Physico-chemical properties of soil samples and dumpsite environmental impact on groundwater quality in South Western Nigeria., The African Review of Physics, 9.
- Odoemelam, S. A., & Ajunwa, O. (2008)., Heavy metal status and physicochemical properties of agricultural soil amended by short term application of animal manure., Current World Environment, 3(1), 21.
- Inobeme, A., Ajai, A. I., Iyaka, Y. A., Ndamitso, M., & Uwem, B. (2014)., Determination of physicochemical and heavy metal content of soil around paint industries in Kaduna., Int. J. Sci. Technol. Res, 3(8), 221-225.
- Durak, A., Buyukguner, E. & Dogan, H.M. (2010)., Determination of physical and chemical properties of the soils under different land management., Asian Journal of Chemistry, 22(8), 6375-86.
- Tripathi, A, & Misra, D.R. (2012)., A study of physicochemical properties and heavy metals in contaminated soils of municipal waste dumpsites at Allahabad, India., International Journal of Environmental Sciences, 2(4), 2024
- Oyedele, D. J., Gasu, M. B., & Awotoye, O. O. (2008)., Changes in soil properties and plant uptake of heavy metals on selected municipal solid waste dump sites in Ile-Ife, Nigeria., African Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 2(5), 107-115.