Organic and Conventional Nutrient Management on Soil Nutrient Status of Broad Leaf Mustard (Brassica juncea var. rugosa)
- 1Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science, Kirtipur, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 2Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science, Paklihawa Campus, Rupandehi, Nepal
- 3Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science, Kirtipur, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 4Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science, Kirtipur, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 5National Agriculture Research Council, Khumaltar, Lalitpur, Nepal
Res. J. Agriculture & Forestry Sci., Volume 7, Issue (2), Pages 45-48, April,8 (2019)
Experiment was conducted in field at Dakshinkali municipality -2, Kathmandu, Nepal during the year 2016-2018. The treatment combination were 13 including control viz. T1(24t/ha FYM), T2(6t/ha. vermicompost), T3(4t/ha poultry manure), T4(12t/ha compost), T5(½NPK+3t/ha vermicompost), T6(¾NPK+1.5t/ha vermicompost), T7(½NPK+12t/ha FYM), T8(¾ NPK+6t/ha FYM), T9(½NPK+2t/ha poultry manure), T10(¾NPK+1t/ha poultry manure), T11(½NPK+6t/ha compost), T12(¾ NPK+3t/ha compost) and T13(Control). Randomized Complete Block Design was applied. The maximum total nitrogen (0.187%) and available phosphorous (49.42ppm) in soil were observed in T2 (6t.ha-1 vermicompost) whereas, maximum available potassium (199.65ppm) was found in T5 (½NPK+3t/ha vermicompost). In case of micronutrients, the maximum soil Ca, Mg and Fe (1903.33ppm, 218.25ppm and 1248.33ppm) were observed in T5 (½NPK+3t/ha vermicompost) of Broad Leaf Mustard field.
- Parajuli A. (2015)., Cultivation and Management practices of leafy vegetable in Nepal., www.wordpress.com .
- Diary A.K. (2016)., Agriculture Information and Communication Centre., Ministry of Agricultural Development, Department of Agriculture, Hariharbhawan, Lalitpur.
- Arancon N.Q., Edwrads C.A., Bierman P., Metzger J.B., Lee S., Welch C.O., Morgan A.J., Blackshaw R.P., Butt K.R., Freaderickson J., Morgan J.E., Pierce J.G. and Weeks J.M. (2003)., Effects of vermicompost on growth and marketable fruits of field gown tomatoes, peppers and strawberries., Pedobiologia, 47(5-6), 731-735.
- Singh K.P. and Bhandari R. (2015)., Vegetable Crop production Technology., Samiksha Publication, Kathmandu, 1.
- Subbiah B.V. and Asiza G.L. (1956)., A rapid procedure for the determination of nitrogen in soil., Curr. Sci., 25, 259-260.
- Olsen S.R., Cole A.S., Watanabe C.V. and Dean F.S. (1954)., Estimation of available phosphorous in soil by extraction with sodium Bicarbonate., Circular US Department of Agriculture, 939.
- Dickman S.R. and Bray R.H. (1940)., Colorimetric determination of phosphate., Indina Eng. Chem.Anal.Ed., 12(11), 665-668.
- Hanway J.J. and Heidel H. (1952)., Soil analysis method as used in lowa state college soil testing laboratory., Lowa agric., 57, 1-31.
- Schwarzenbach G., Biedermann W. and Bangerter F. (1946)., Komplexone VI. Neue einfache Titriermethoden zur Bestimmung der Wasserhärte., Helvetica Chimica Acta, 29(4), 811-818.
- Lindsay W.L. and Norvell W.A. (1969)., Development of DTPA micronutrient soil test., Agron. Abst., 32, 84.
- Mukherjee Mitra D.S. and Das A.C. (1991)., Effect of oil cake on change in carbon and microbial population in soil., Journal of Indian Society of Soil Science, 39(3), 457-462.
- Nethra N.N., Jayaprasad K.V. and Kale R.D. (1999)., China aster (Callistephus chinesis L) cultivation using vermicompost as organic amendment., Crop research, Hisar., 17(2), 209-215.
- Satchel J.E. (1983)., Earthworm Ecology: From Darwin to vermiculture., Chapan and Hall, London.
- Bhattarai B.P. and Tomar C.S. (2006)., Studies on the growth, yield, nut quality and nutrient status of walnut (Juglans regia L.) under integrated nutrient management., M.Sc. Thesis. University of Horticulture and Forestry, India.
- Mavivannan S., Balamurugan M., Parthasarathi K., Gunasekaran G. and Ranganathan L.S. (2009)., Effect of vermicompost on soil fertility and crop productivity of beans (Phaseolus vulgaris)., J.Environ.Biol., 30(2), 275-281.
- Prajapati V.K., Swaroop N., Masih A. and Lakra R. (2018)., Effect of different levels of NPK and vermicompost on chemical properties of maize [Zea Mays (L.)]., International Journal of Chemical Studies, 6(2), 08-11.
- Venkatesh P.B., Kumar K.S., Patil C.V. and Giraddi R.S. (1997)., Influence of in sate vermiculture and vermicompost on availability and plant content of micronutrients., Advance in Agricultural Research in India, 7, 179-183.
- Lakshmi Prabha M., Nagalakshmi N. and Priya S.M. (2015)., Analysis of nutrient contents in vermicompos., European Journal of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, 2(1), 42-48.
- Sujatha S. and Bhat R. (2016)., Impact of organic and inorganic nutrition on soil-plant nutrient balance in arecanut (Areca catechu L.) on a laterite soil., Journal of Plant Nutrition, 39(5), 714-726.