6th International Young Scientist Congress (IYSC-2020) will be Postponed to 8th and 9th May 2021 Due to COVID-19. 10th International Science Congress (ISC-2020).  International E-publication: Publish Projects, Dissertation, Theses, Books, Souvenir, Conference Proceeding with ISBN.  International E-Bulletin: Information/News regarding: Academics and Research

Profile of Extension Education Students Using E-resources for Communication

Author Affiliations

  • 1Department of Extension Education, Institute of Agricultural Sciences, BHU, Varanasi, INDIA
  • 2Department of Extension Education, Institute of Agricultural Sciences, BHU, Varanasi, INDIA

Res. J. Agriculture & Forestry Sci., Volume 2, Issue (2), Pages 21-23, February,8 (2014)

Abstract

Now the existing environment is rapidly changing in favour of electronic side. This is why the demand of internet and E-resources among the communities belonging to academic and research is increasing rapidly. However the review of literatures reveals that there is decline in the studies on the use of E-resources and internet in context of academics, researchers and students all over the world. This paper aims at highlighting the social profile of the students using E-resources. It was found that the maximum numbers of respondents (84.90 per cent) were observed the male and remaining (15.09 per cent) were female. Highest number (54.72 per cent) of respondents was from 23-25 age groups. In this study (62.26 per cent) respondents was represent post graduation level and (37.74 per cent) respondents was represent research scholars. Maximum of the respondents (64.15 per cent) completed their basic education in Hindi language. Near about most of the respondents´┐Ż Parents source of income is Agriculture. Most of the respondents´┐Ż family income less than 1 Lakh Rupees and near about (50.94 per cent) respondents were from rural background.

References

  1. Bavakenthy, M., Veeran, M.C.K. and Salih, T.K.M., Information Access Management and Exchange in theTechnological Age, EssEss Publications, New Delhi,(2003), Retrived fromhttp://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~mbolin/sethi-panda.htmon 24/2/2013 (2013)
  2. Madhusudhan M., Internet use by research scholars inUniversity of Delhi, India, Library Hi Tech News, (8), 36-42 (2007)
  3. Thanuskodi S., Use of internet and electronic resources foragricultural science information: A case study, The socialsciences, 5(4), 364-367 (2010)
  4. Oskouei R.J. and Chaudhary B.D., Internet Usage Patternby Female Students: A Case Study, ITNG, IEEE SeventhInternational Conference on Information Technology,1247-1250 (2010)